Philip joined BoyarMiller's Business Group in April 2011. His practice primarily consists of corporate and private securities transactions as well as serving as outside general counsel in a variety of matters including mergers and acquisitions, financing, employment agreements and raising capital through private offerings. Philip has represented hedge funds, private equity funds, venture capital funds and real estate funds in their formation, operation and compliance in multiple jurisdictions.
Prior to joining the firm, Philip worked for several years in a mid-size law firm advising a variety of investment funds and real estate developers on all matters of corporate and real estate transactions. He also served in the General Counsel's office of a large mortgage servicer where he advised the company on securitized mortgages, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, SEC reporting issues and a variety of corporate transactions and contracts. Having worked in house gives Philip a unique ability to understand clients' needs and better serve each client with their business goals in mind.
- JD, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law
- BBA, Baylor University (cum laude)
- Houston Bar Association (Mergers & Acquisition Section)
- Texas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA)
- HYLA Leadership Academy (2011-12)
- Association of Corporate Growth - Houston
- West Houston Leadership Institute (2014)
- Young Friends of CanCare (Board of Directors)
- Bayou City Fellowship – Community Group Team Leader
- Represented an Arlington, Texas-based provider of industrial, medical and specialty gases, equipment and supplies in its sale to a portfolio company of CI Capital Partners.
- Represented a Houston-based provider of deep- and shallow -water connector solutions to the subsea pipeline industry in its $42.5 million sale of to a subsidiary of a NYSE-listed oilfield services company.
- Represented a Houston-based carpet and flooring provider in its purchase of an Oklahoma-based flooring business.
- Represented a Houston-based provider of complex de-watering systems in its corporate restructuring and $34.3 million sale to a Houston-based private equity fund.
- Represented a Woodlands-based oilfield services company in negotiation of its $80 million syndicated credit facility with Comerica Bank.
- Represented a Houston-based investment partnership in its purchase of a machine and fabrication shop specializing in products for the oilfield services market.
- Represented a Houston-based private equity fund in its investment in a Baytown based distributor of carbon and stainless pipeline products.
- Represented a Houston-based investment advisor in the formation of a $60 million investment fund focusing on investments in Canadian capital pool companies to be listed on the Toronto Venture Exchange.
- Represented Core International, LLC, a Houston-based manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered rubber components and supply chain solutions, and its shareholders in a majority recapitalization by Rock Hill Capital Group.
- Represented various U.K. and Norwegian entities in structuring and creating U.S. subsidiaries of foreign parent companies, ranging from start-ups with few employees to new entities formed to acquire businesses in the U.S.
- Represented an Ingleside-based provider of engineering, procurement and constructions service offerings to the oil and gas industry in a $26.25 million recapitalization by a Dallas-based private equity fund.
- Represented a real estate investment advisor in the creation of a $50 million private investment fund focusing on the purchase of pools of distressed real estate properties.
- Represented a Dallas based fund-of-funds and investment advisor in the placement of over $100 million in private equity funds for a variety of institutional investors and public pension plans.
- Represented a West-Texas oilfield services provider operating throughout the Permian Basin in a $34 million majority recapitalization by a Houston-based private equity fund.
- Represented a Houston-based private equity fund in its $7 million investment in a Houston-based provider of installation, maintenance and repair of critical rotating equipment for customers in the downstream, power and midstream segments of the energy markets.
- Represented a Houston-based private equity fund in its $13.5 million purchase of a Louisiana-based supplier of dredging services.
- Represented a Texas-based provider of wireless analytics, mobile-device bill auditing and related software in its recapitalization by Huntsman Gay Global Capital.
- Represented a Houston-based private equity fund with a primary focus on developing free-standing emergency rooms.
- Represented a Houston-based supplier of industrial gas cylinders and welder’s supply materials in its sale to a NYSE-listed, global Fortune 300 company.
- Represented the purchaser in its purchase of all Jackson Hewitt locations throughout the Dallas, Texas and Knoxville, Tennessee markets.
- Represented a Woodlands-based company in the acquisition of an oilfield services company based in the South Texas Eagle Ford Shale Formation.
- Represented a Houston-based private equity fund in the acquisition of an independent coil and air handler manufacturer.
- Ongoing representation of a $25 million private equity fund, having as its primary investment focus investments in low budget film productions, in connection with the fund's formation, capitalization and investments
- Ongoing representation of a Houston-based mezzanine fund in its acquisition, financing and sale of interests in various portfolio companies.
- Represented UK-based companies in connection with their global expansion into the United States and formation of US based subsidiaries
- Represented a Houston-based real estate acquisition and development company in connection with a retail development in Bellaire, Texas.
- March 27, 2014
Texas Super Lawyers selects BoyarMiller attorneys as 2014 rising stars
- January 10, 2013
GulfStar Group Announces The Majority Recapitalization Of Core International, LLC By Rock Hill Capital Group
- October 02, 2012
Rock Hill Capital Group Announces Investment in Big Lake Services
- April 13, 2012
BoyarMiller Represents Sunland Capital in the Acquisition of Javeler Marine Services
- April 04, 2012
GulfStar Group Announces the Recapitalization of State Service Co., Inc. by Lone Star Investment Advisors
- December 05, 2011
GulfStar Group Completes Private Placement for Jones Industrial Holdings, Inc.
- April 25, 2011
Philip A. Dunlap Joins BoyarMiller as Business Group Associate
- Selected for inclusion as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star (2014)