Energy – Oil & Gas
Our clients in the dynamic oil and gas industry are faced with many challenges and business issues as the industry constantly evolves.
We support them with deep experience in all types of oil and gas matters—from complex transactions to dispute resolutions. As their business partners, we offer sound counsel and cost-effective solutions that support their business goals. Several of our attorneys have worked in-house for oil and gas companies and have deep industry knowledge to provide value-driven solutions to complex problems and disputes.
Some of our work includes:
- Strategic planning and capital formation processes
- Complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Corporate debt restructuring
- Environmental litigation
- Onshore/offshore matters
- Contract negotiations
- Real estate transactions
- Trade secret and partnership disputes
- Non-compete and other employment-related matters
- Representation of United Kingdom-based companies in Texas
Recent Oil & Gas Representative Matters
- Represented an oil and gas processing company in the sale of 44 acres of property along with related operating assets in Baytown, Texas, to a newly-formed portfolio company focused on purchasing and developing refined-products logistics and processing assets.
- Represented a global downhole well intervention company in suit filed by drilling company after drilling tools became stuck in well. Drilling company sought damages for recovery expenses, contractual damages and lost revenue based on the allegation that client’s tool malfunctioned and caused the incident. Obtained a favorable settlement in which plaintiff dismissed its suit and client paid no damages.
- Representing an employer to enforce a non-competition agreement against a former employee.
- Assisted in representing Halliburton Energy Services in the Multidistrict Litigation arising out of the 2010 blowout of BP’s Macondo Well in the Gulf of Mexico. Served as the youngest member of the trial team that tried both cases in the matter.
- Won a jury verdict for an independent oil and gas exploration company for damages to one of its production platforms in the Gulf of Mexico. After a week-long trial, the jury awarded damages that were caused by another oil company’s crew boat running into the platform.