Energy – Power
The power sector of the energy industry is marked with a myriad of complex and challenging legal and public-policy issues.
Clients rely on our business savvy and proven track record to help them navigate the right course. Our powerful team of corporate and litigation attorneys combine forces to provide the right business solution for every challenge.
Our representative work for this industry sector includes:
- Representation of publicly traded and privately held companies
- Development and financing of infrastructure projects
- Deal structure and execution
- Negotiating agreements
Recent Power & Generation Representative Matters
- Represented a manufacturer of waste water processing equipment and developer of facilities to convert municipal waste water biosolids into a renewable energy source in the private placement of debt and equity securities.
- Represented the owner of co-generation plant in multiple condemnation proceedings brought by pipeline owners exercising power of eminent domain. Litigation resulted in favorable settlements, enabling client to realize several hundred thousand dollars in compensation for the takings.
- Represented a former Enron executive in a preference action brought by the bankruptcy trustee. The trustee brought suit to recover a severance payment received just prior to the bankruptcy filing. The client also had claims against Enron and a non-bankrupt subsidiary. After discovery and substantive briefing before the Enron bankruptcy judge, a settlement was reached with the client agreeing to pay less than 18% of the amount the trustee was originally seeking to recover.
- Represented an Australian company in connection with land acquisition, development of transmission tower fabrication facilities, sales contracts, construction contracts and federal contract compliance, including Buy America Act issues in structural steel subcontract for federally funded project in North Texas.