Manufacturing & Distribution
We assist manufacturing and distribution clients—large and small, public and private—with business guidance and skilled legal counsel to reach their goals and strategic objectives.
These companies are faced with a plethora of agreements, negotiations and transactions every day. As trusted advisors, we help them with all the aspects of their business and legal concerns to help maintain their efficient operations.
Some of our services for these companies include:
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Risk management
- Real estate negotiations
- Labor and employment agreements and disputes
- Contract negotiations
Recent Manufacturing & Distribution Representative Matters
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a supplier of industrial guar for breach of contract against one of the supplier’s customers.
- Settled breach of contract dispute between manufacturer of car products and a purchaser.
- Defending Houston-based metal building manufacturer against claims for copyright infringement and violations of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act brought by former customer and property owner.
- Represented Houston-based lumber distributor in employee fraud suit against its former executive-level manager. The client’s manager conspired with lower level employees to embezzle substantial amounts of money from the company, in addition to defrauding the company of thousands in product inventory and other assets.
- Won a unanimous decision from the Texas Supreme Court on behalf of a major water bottling company in a dispute against land owners concerning the alleged drainage of an aquifer. The trial court granted a summary judgment at the lower court level, rejecting plaintiff’s attempt to obtain an injunction to halt the production of spring water from client’s largest water source.