Manufacturing & Distribution
We assist manufacturing and distribution clients—large and small, public and private—with business guidance and skilled legal counsel to reach their goals and strategic objectives.
These companies are faced with a plethora of agreements, negotiations and transactions every day. As trusted advisors, we help them with all the aspects of their business and legal concerns to help maintain their efficient operations.
Some of our services for these companies include:
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Risk management
- Real estate negotiations
- Labor and employment agreements and disputes
- Contract negotiations
Recent Manufacturing & Distribution Representative Matters
- Representing a national manufacturer-marketer of engineered pipe fittings in a wrongful termination dispute initiated by a former employee. The former employee has alleged wrongful termination on the basis of a perceived disability as well as the wrongful denial of medical leave under the FMLA.
- Obtained judgment of more than $9 million on behalf of entrepreneurs related to the sale of their valve company to a New York-based private equity firm. After the sale, the buyer asserted indemnification claims against the entrepreneurs based on pre-sale representations allegedly made by the entrepreneurs. In doing so, the buyer sought to avoid paying the bulk of the purchase price for the entrepreneurs’ company. On competing summary judgment motions, the New York Supreme Court – Commercial Division rejected the buyer’s claims (including claims for fraud, breach of contract, indemnification, and set-off) and granted the entrepreneurs’ affirmative claims for breach of the various promissory notes at issue. The New York Court also awarded attorney’s fees to the entrepreneurs.
- Representing the owner of two retail stores in a dispute with an international textile distributor. The textile distributor has claimed a partnership interest in the retail stores and has sued for damages for alleged breach of contract and various business-related torts.
- Represented a manufacturer and supplier of separation and phase contacting process internals in an age discrimination dispute brought by a former employee. Successfully avoided a lawsuit through pre-suit negotiations after the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission issued a notice of right to sue.
- Representing a manufacturer of separation products installed in process units against claims made by a multi-national chemical manufacturing corporation seeking damages exceeding $10 million relating to alleged defects in design of the products and failures of the products installed.