Manufacturing & Distribution
We assist manufacturing and distribution clients—large and small, public and private—with business guidance and skilled legal counsel to reach their goals and strategic objectives.
These companies are faced with a plethora of agreements, negotiations and transactions every day. As trusted advisors, we help them with all the aspects of their business and legal concerns to help maintain their efficient operations.
Some of our services for these companies include:
- Supply and distribution agreements
- Risk management
- Real estate negotiations
- Labor and employment agreements and disputes
- Contract negotiations
Recent Manufacturing & Distribution Representative Matters
- Currently representing a manufacturer of building and roofing systems in dispute brought by former employee, in which the employee alleges employment discrimination and retaliation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), the Family Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”), and common law. Strategy for disposition of the lawsuit is a quick and effective deposition of the plaintiff to disprove key elements of his claims, followed with a request that the court dismiss the claims based on the evidence.
- Counseled a former director of a valve manufacturer through his resignation and hiring at a different valve manufacturer. Representation included managing the identification, quarantining, return, and remediation of allegedly confidential information in the director’s possession, and advocating against the enforceability of his non-competition agreement.
- Developed and presented a legal training curriculum for the purchasing group of a carbon black manufacturer, focusing on “best practices” in procurement and the “must have” provisions for clients’ services agreements, sales agreements, and terms and conditions.
- Represented manufacturer of personal protective equipment in a breach of contract dispute with its client, an oilfield services company, over a large amount owed under the parties’ Supplier Agreement. BoyarMiller developed and substantiated an aggressive damages model, managed a successful mediation, and obtained a favorable settlement payment for its client.
- Representing a national manufacturer-marketer of engineered pipe fittings in a wrongful termination dispute initiated by a former employee. The former employee has alleged wrongful termination on the basis of a perceived disability as well as the wrongful denial of medical leave under the FMLA.