We represent clients in transactions involving technology and intellectual property, including joint development projects, collaboration arrangements, IP licensing, manufacturing, distribution and strategic sourcing agreements.
When disputes arise, we have provided resolution and litigation services, including defending trade secrets, trademarks and non-compete claims. Our strategic thinking, skillful planning and attention to detail allow us to provide practical solutions for our clients.
Our areas of experience in this industry include:
- Litigation services
- Contract negotiations
- Employment-related issues
- Partnership disputes
- Corporate restructuring
Recent Technology Representative Matters
- Successfully settled a theft of trade secrets case in which a former employee downloaded the entire contents of his former employer’s cloud-based information system to several different electronic devices just prior to giving notice of his resignation. In this dispute, former employee left a geosynthetic lining company to work for a competitor performing a substantially similar role in the same geographic region. Obtained a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction enjoining the former employee from using any of his former employer’s confidential information while working at the competitor. Through the pendency of the suit, conducted an electronic forensic review of the former employee’s electronic devices and cloud-based storage systems discovering evidence of spoliation. After a spoliation motion was filed, the matter was successfully resolved.
- Represented a Texas-based IT services and support company in connection with the divestiture of company assets to a global provider of IT business solutions.
- Represented a Houston-based software developer in capital formation and general contract negotiations.
- Represented oil and gas technology company in its recapitalization with existing investors.
- Represented private company seeking to raise money to develop an app relating to logistics.