Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellctual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Represented a global downhole well intervention company in suit filed by drilling company after drilling tools became stuck in well. Drilling company sought damages for recovery expenses, contractual damages and lost revenue based on the allegation that client’s tool malfunctioned and caused the incident. Obtained a favorable settlement in which plaintiff dismissed its suit and client paid no damages.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a supplier of industrial guar for breach of contract against one of the supplier’s customers.
- Settled breach of contract dispute between manufacturer of car products and a purchaser.
- Defending Houston-based metal building manufacturer against claims for copyright infringement and violations of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act brought by former customer and property owner.
- Assisted in representing Halliburton Energy Services in the Multidistrict Litigation arising out of the 2010 blowout of BP’s Macondo Well in the Gulf of Mexico. Served as the youngest member of the trial team that tried both cases in the matter.
Litigation Group Contact
- Firm Chairman
- E-mail Chris