Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellctual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a Houston-based drilling company for breach of fiduciary duty against its former attorney. The attorney overcharged for its services by marking up third-party expenses and misrepresenting the work performed in its billing statements.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a Texas-geoscience company against a crime insurance policy carrier. A former employee defrauded the company by stealing more than $2 million worth of iPhones and Blackberries. The carrier denied coverage under a commercial crime policy.
- Negotiated disposition of trust funds, and dismissal of all claims asserted in Texas state district court, against out-of-state loan servicing company in connection with dispute over commercial borrower’s assignment of consumer loans pledged as collateral for commercial loan transaction.
- Representing innovative litigation finance platform in dispute pending in state district court that arose between attorney borrowers and lender over on-platform transaction, and in multi-million dollar dispute pending in commercial arbitration with lender over collapsed business relationship.
- Developed and presented a legal training curriculum for the purchasing group of a carbon black manufacturer, focusing on “best practices” in procurement and the “must have” provisions for clients’ services agreements, sales agreements, and terms and conditions.
Litigation Group Contact
- Firm Chairman
- E-mail Chris