Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellctual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Representing the owner of two retail stores in a dispute with an international textile distributor. The textile distributor has claimed a partnership interest in the retail stores and has sued for damages for alleged breach of contract and various business-related torts.
- Obtained an emergency motion for protection in federal court on behalf of a non-party where non-party had been subpoenaed to produce voluminous records and communications between the non-party and the non-party’s former and present clients. The emergency relief obtained completely relieved the non-party’s clients from complying with the subpoenas.
- Representing a manufacturer of separation products installed in process units against claims made by a multi-national chemical manufacturing corporation seeking damages exceeding $10 million relating to alleged defects in design of the products and failures of the products installed.
- Represented a refinery service contractor in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving claims arising out of the refinery’s refusal to pay for services and counterclaims by the refinery relating to alleged breaches of safety procedures. Within five months of filing lawsuit and shortly after the filing of a pre-discovery, summary judgment motion asserting immediate right to payment, the matter was successfully resolved.
- Represented a global downhole well intervention company in suit filed by drilling company after drilling tools became stuck in well. Drilling company sought damages for recovery expenses, contractual damages and lost revenue based on the allegation that client’s tool malfunctioned and caused the incident. Obtained a favorable settlement in which plaintiff dismissed its suit and client paid no damages.
Litigation Group Contact
- Firm Chairman
- E-mail Chris