Logistics Industry Representative Matters
- Represented an international plastics and chemicals manufacturer and distributor in the acquisition, lease and rail service of a build-to-suit, rail-served industrial distribution center.
- Represented a private equity purchaser of a controlling interest in an oilfield trucking business located in California.
- Represented the owner and operator of bulk storage facilities in the acquisition of a 430,000 barrel storage facility and terminal and the acquisition of approximately 220 acres of undeveloped real property for future development.
- Represented purchaser, a railroad service/logistics provider, in $250 million acquisition of 11,000 acre industrial park, reputed to be the world’s fifth-largest industrial park, including 57 miles of rail infrastructure, barge terminals and Houston Ship Channel access.
- Represented transportation and delivery logistics company in lawsuit filed by independent contractor driver for injuries sustained in automobile accident while delivering products. Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of client.
- Resisted invasive discovery sought from client, now general counsel of a leading waste and recycling company, by his prior employer. The prior employer threatened to sue the client for violation of a non-compete agreement, among other things. Through avid advocacy, both before the court and to opposing counsel, BoyarMiller was able to resolve the discovery dispute—and extricate the client from the proceeding—by producing a reasonable and manageable nucleus of discovery.
- Ongoing representation of a U.S.-based international transportation and logistics company in connection with its day-to-day legal functions, including regulatory issues
- Represented an Arizona-based company providing automated toll and traffic violation processing throughout the U.S. in connection with a $58 million convertible preferred stock investment by a major investment bank, a $100 million dollar syndicated credit facility and several follow on private equity and debt financings.
- Structured the consolidation of multiple entities organized in varying jurisdictions into a Delaware corporation for a company involved in providing traffic cameras and automated toll and traffic violation processing.
- Represented a large aviation services company and its predecessors from initial acquisition of the Eastern Airlines spare parts inventory through its IPO.
- Represented an aviation services company listed on the New York Stock Exchange in connection with $200 million credit facility with a major New York-based bank.