Technology Industry Representative Matters
- Represented a Texas-based IT services and support company in connection with the divestiture of company assets to a global provider of IT business solutions.
- Represented a Houston-based software developer in capital formation and general contract negotiations.
- Represented oil and gas technology company in its recapitalization with existing investors.
- Represented private company seeking to raise money to develop an app relating to logistics.
- Represented private company seeking to raise $20 million to distribute film, television and music content on an online platform.
- Won a summary judgment on behalf of a software utilities and management company and its chief executive officer on a breach of contract claim filed by two of the company’s former employees. The former employees claimed they were owed approximately $360,000 based on an amendment to an original purchase agreement regarding the sale of a software program. Summary judgment was awarded when it was shown that the amendment lacked material terms and was unenforceable as a matter of law. Following summary judgment, the former employees settled their remaining claims on very favorable terms for our clients.
- Represented a Texas-based provider of wireless analytics, mobile-device bill auditing and related software in its recapitalization by Huntsman Gay Global Capital.
- Represented a water desalination development company in the reorganization of its corporate structure, including a $250 million capital infusion by international equity investors.
- Represented a local entrepreneur in acquisition of a computer network management and consulting company.