Of Counsel, Litigation Group
Jill Willard Young
A litigator with more than two decades of experience, Jill Willard Young represents clients in commercial and civil litigation matters, as well as probate litigation.
Areas of Focus
- Probate, wills, estate and trust litigation
- Guardianship litigation
- Estate planning and administration
- Commercial and civil litigation
- Capital campaign member for “Make Room for the Future” Presbyterian School
- Chair for various workshops and events, Presbyterian School
- Admissions Advocates, Presbyterian School
- Past President, Texas Exes – Houston Chapter
- Lecturer, South Texas College of Law Continuing Legal Education Programs
An attorney for more than 20 years, Jill has tried cases to verdict in all areas of the law. She represents trustees, administrators, executors, beneficiaries and guardians in litigation concerning trusts, wills, gifts, estates and guardianships.
Jill recognizes that most clients who need her guidance have experienced one of life’s most emotional events. She strives to provide compassionate counsel and tenacity in working through complex issues frequently found in estates that can hold significant liquid assets, real estate, corporations, and family businesses.
She also focuses her practice on commercial litigation matters and represents businesses and individuals in disputes involving contracts, fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, and administration litigation claims.
- JD, South Texas College of Law, National Order of the Barristers
- BS, University of Texas at Austin
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Adjunct Professor, South Texas College of Law
- Texas Exes Business Network Advisory Board
Awards & Recognitions
- Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award
- National American Bar Association Moot Court Champion
- American Bar Association Best Advocate Award
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts in favor of numerous Texas grocery store chains in actions against the State of Texas for violations of contracts to deliver food services under the Woman Infants and Children’s Program in Texas.
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a bank and its holding company in a shareholder suit.
- Represented a Texas-based energy company in numerous contractual disputes over environmental reporting.
- Texas counsel for Houston-based construction company on numerous matters including contract litigation.
- Represented several large corporations and individuals in matters involving various contractual and business tort disputes, including fraud, misrepresentation, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- Represented several large corporate fiduciaries in their respective roles as trustees, executors, and/or administrators of trusts and estates as well as individuals in guardianship proceedings and various lawsuits related to wills, trusts, and estates.
- Served as Temporary Administrator over estates holding multiple assets including stocks, cash, valuable real estate, and oil and gas.
Probate, Will, Trust & Estate Litigation
- Obtained defense verdict in the representation of a corporation being sued in a wrongful death action and the corresponding probate matters arising out of that dispute.
- Obtained a plaintiffs verdict in upholding a tax planned will for the beneficiaries in a will contest lawsuit.
- Represented executor and named beneficiaries in a $15 million estate regarding the division of assets including various trusts and family partnerships.
- Represented executor and head of a charitable foundation in litigation involving multiple assets and the divisions of multiple tracts of valuable real estate.
- Represented named beneficiary and daughter of a major steel manufacturer in obtaining multi-million dollar settlement of her father’s estate.
- Represented individual trustee in actions involving multiple beneficiaries of a multi-million dollar trust holding numerous assets including stock in a privately held company.