Energy – Oil & Gas
Our clients in the dynamic oil and gas industry are faced with many challenges and business issues as the industry constantly evolves.
We support them with deep experience in all types of oil and gas matters—from complex transactions to dispute resolutions. As their business partners, we offer sound counsel and cost-effective solutions that support their business goals. Several of our attorneys have worked in-house for oil and gas companies and have deep industry knowledge to provide value-driven solutions to complex problems and disputes.
Some of our work includes:
- Strategic planning and capital formation processes
- Complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Corporate debt restructuring
- Environmental litigation
- Onshore/offshore matters
- Contract negotiations
- Real estate transactions
- Trade secret and partnership disputes
- Non-compete and other employment-related matters
- Representation of United Kingdom-based companies in Texas
Recent Oil & Gas Representative Matters
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented a client in connection with a structuring investment entity and subsequent acquisition of oil and gas leases, covering 50,000 acres within Montana (Bakken Shale).
- Represented a private drilling contractor in connection with divestiture of 12 drilling rigs.
- Represented a private exploration and production company in connection with divestiture of approximately $105,000,000 of working and non-working interests in oil and gas wells located in East Texas.
- Represented a private Measurement-While-Drilling company in a $197,500,000 merger with a public special purpose acquisition company.