Energy – Oil & Gas
Our clients in the dynamic oil and gas industry are faced with many challenges and business issues as the industry constantly evolves.
We support them with deep experience in all types of oil and gas matters—from complex transactions to dispute resolutions. As their business partners, we offer sound counsel and cost-effective solutions that support their business goals. Several of our attorneys have worked in-house for oil and gas companies and have deep industry knowledge to provide value-driven solutions to complex problems and disputes.
Some of our work includes:
- Strategic planning and capital formation processes
- Complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Corporate debt restructuring
- Environmental litigation
- Onshore/offshore matters
- Contract negotiations
- Real estate transactions
- Trade secret and partnership disputes
- Non-compete and other employment-related matters
- Representation of United Kingdom-based companies in Texas
Recent Oil & Gas Representative Matters
- Representation of an oil and gas related company in connection with its capital raise through a private placement under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933.
- Represented oil and gas firm in the acquisition of several related oil and gas related technology businesses.
- Represented a North American midstream energy logistics and infrastructure company in connection with securing a long-term ground lease covering approximately 75 acres of unimproved land for the development and operation of a rail terminal.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a Houston-based drilling company for breach of fiduciary duty against its former attorney. The attorney overcharged for its services by marking up third-party expenses and misrepresenting the work performed in its billing statements.
- Defending oilfield inspection company in an FLSA overtime lawsuit relating to the classification of its inspectors as exempt employees.