Gary W. Miller
Founding Shareholder, Business Group
Gary Miller's practice includes extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions, capital formation, contract negotiation/documentation, lending, factoring and day-to-day representation of corporations and other business entities.
He frequently participates in the organization and financing of business entities, as well as the negotiation and documentation of complex transactions.
Special components of Gary's practice include the representation of United Kingdom-based companies in Texas, insurance agencies and representing business sellers who are new to the process of working with attorneys in sophisticated transactions. His representative transactions include the sale of a Houston-based oil and gas service company to a purchaser based out of the United Kingdom, the purchase of a California-based project services company by a company headquartered in England, and the sale of an insurance services company to a public corporation. Gary enjoys developing strong relationships with his clients and he strives to make a difference in their business lives. He is AV-rated and a fellow of the Houston Bar Foundation.
Awards & Recognitions
- US News & World Report – Best Lawyers – Corporate Law, M&A Law and Venture Capital Law (2020-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers (2005-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Super Lawyers Magazine National Corporate Counsel Edition Business/Corporate Super Lawyer (2009)
- Texas Monthly Magazine Top 100 Texas Super Lawyers, Houston (2006)
- Camp For All Foundation, General Counsel and Member of the Executive Committee; former Board Chairman
- Congregation Beth Israel of Houston, Vice President of the Congregation's Endowment Board; Co-Chair of Legacy Giving Cabinet
- Shlenker School in Houston, former Member of the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee
- Center for Houston's Future, Business/Civic Leadership Class (2015)