Shareholder, Litigation Group
Awards & Recognitions
- Texas Super Lawyers Women’s Edition Rising Stars (2020-2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2017-2021)
- US News & World Report – Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch – Appellate Practice, Commercial Litigation (2021)
- Houstonia Magazine's Top Lawyer (2019)
- JD, University of Texas School of Law
- BA, Texas A&M University (cum laude)
- Houston Bar Association, Appellate Practice Section, Council Member and Treasurer
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas Appellate Section, Donations Committee Member
- Houston Contemporary Dance Company, Board Member
- Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, Past Member
- Texas Bar Foundation and Houston Bar Foundation, Fellow
Relevant Representative Matters
Secured emergency stay on appeal of all trial court proceedings pending the outcome of a hotly-contested interlocutory challenge to order denying motion to compel arbitration of a multi-million dollar partnership dispute. The claims at issue were submitted to arbitration by agreement shortly after the stay was issued
Successfully represented a national accounting firm against claims brought by a departing partner. Successfully obtained a summary judgment ruling in arbitration that disposed of the departing partner’s largest claim. Following a hearing, the departing partner’s remaining claims were denied in their entirety and our client was awarded recovery of all attorneys’ fees and arbitration fees incurred in the matter.
Representing innovative litigation finance platform in dispute pending in state district court that arose between attorney borrowers and lender over on-platform transaction, and in multi-million dollar dispute pending in commercial arbitration with lender over collapsed business relationship.
Obtained summary judgment on all claims asserted by commercial landlord following material breach and termination of commercial real estate lease.
Obtained summary judgment in bill of review proceeding initiated to vacate default judgment in state district court, which had been rendered without proper service of process on non-resident defendant under the Texas long-arm statute.
Obtained favorable decision from Texas Supreme Court on behalf of financial institution; petition for review was granted to reinstate a jury verdict denying liability for wrongful payment claim, which had been disregarded by the trial court and intermediate court of appeals.
Successfully negotiated resolution of complex, multi-million dollar dispute involving production of steel rig kits for use in offshore jack-up drilling rig application between an overseas steel mill, Houston-based steel fabricator, and offshore drilling systems provider in Mississippi.
Obtained favorable judgment from intermediate court of appeals, which affirmed a summary judgment denying a homeowner’s challenge to its mortgagee’s entitlement to fire insurance policy proceeds.