Private Equity/Venture Capital
Funding the future.
As trusted advisors, we help our clients access private and institutional equity and debt capital to achieve their goals. With a practical and business-savvy approach, our team combines relevant experience in all types of financial structures with an understanding of our clients’ businesses for efficient legal services and effective solutions.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Capital plan development
- Transaction structuring
- Corporate structuring
- Capitalization records
Recent Private Equity/Venture Capital Representative Matters
- Ongoing representation of Houston based private equity fund in connection with its investment in, among other companies, a pipe and tubing company, a specialized commercial HVAC company and a trucking fleet service company. Currently, represent each of such portfolio companies in various matters and transactions.
- Representation of a Texas-based 24-hour emergency medical care company in connection with a private equity investment by Austin Ventures and the development of joint ventures with non-profit hospital systems in San Antonio, Dallas Ft. Worth and Austin, Texas and Denver, Colorado for the development of 20+ micro-hospitals
- Representation of a startup developer/operator of acute care micro-hospitals throughout the Midwest in connection with: •Initial organization •Two series of friends and family fundraising •The negotiation of several hospital system joint ventures •A private equity investment by a Dallas-based private equity firm •Bank credit facility •The formation of physician staffing company subsidiary •The formation of billing and collections subsidiary •Acquisition and development of real estate •Employment and HR matters
- Represented a Houston-based provider of mudlogging services in a sale of its U.S. and Brazil-based assets and its equity interests in 4 foreign subsidiaries (domiciled in Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong and Malaysia) to a UK-based private equity fund.
- Represented an oil field equipment company in connection with private equity investments and financing transactions.