Real Estate Litigation
Understanding the industry and business of real estate – a core competency.
Our deep transactional experience in the real estate industry is complemented by a strong litigation practice. We know the industry and by its very nature, it is confronted with disputes. Our experience, skills and knowledge make a critical difference in advancing the litigation objectives of our clients. We represent and advise entrepreneurial and institutional owners and developers of commercial real estate at the local, national and international level in all segments of the commercial real estate industry.
Our Real Estate Litigation Experience Includes:
- Boundary Disputes
- Buy/Sell Disputes
- Construction Management Disputes
- Design & Construction Defects
- Easement & Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Mechanic’s Liens & Payment Bond Disputes
Recent Real Estate Litigation Representative Matters
- Obtained a temporary injunction for a local restaurateur prohibiting the landlord from enforcing rules and regulations concerning the restaurant’s use of valet parking, linen bins, and outdoor seating.
- Successfully defended both a no-evidence and a traditional motion for summary judgment moving to dismiss all claims filed by a mixed-use real estate developer against its former joint-venture partner.
- Represented a regional shopping mall developer in a lawsuit arising from a dispute with its general contractor on the expansion of its retail development; resulting in three (3) separate lawsuits involving claims by client/developer against the contractor for construction chargeback items, delay damages, and deductive change order work.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a real estate developer for breach of a contract for the sale of real estate. The seller executed the contract for sale to the developer but refused to close the sale, claiming the agent that brokered the deal did not have authority to negotiate on its behalf.
- Represented an office building developer in a trespass case involving claims by a multi-family developer on an adjacent tract of land over the client’s use of a tower crane. Utilized litigation to enable the client to continue with its office building project, without impediment, and obtained a favorable settlement.
Litigation Group Contact
- Firm Chairman
- E-mail Chris