Real Estate Litigation
Understanding the industry and business of real estate – a core competency.
Our deep transactional experience in the real estate industry is complemented by a strong litigation practice. We know the industry and by its very nature, it is confronted with disputes. Our experience, skills and knowledge make a critical difference in advancing the litigation objectives of our clients. We represent and advise entrepreneurial and institutional owners and developers of commercial real estate at the local, national and international level in all segments of the commercial real estate industry.
Our Real Estate Litigation Experience Includes:
- Boundary Disputes
- Buy/Sell Disputes
- Construction Management Disputes
- Design & Construction Defects
- Easement & Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Mechanic’s Liens & Payment Bond Disputes
Recent Real Estate Litigation Representative Matters
- Successfully represented mixed-use real estate developer in claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty and construction defect against its former general contractor involving substantial water infiltration in two luxury apartment buildings.
- Representing Houston-based real estate developer in Texas state court action involving claims for breach of contract and declaratory judgment related to a retail anchor-tenant’s breach of its lease and the resulting delay in funding and construction of a sizeable mixed-use commercial retail development.
- Representing a Texas-based home builder in AAA arbitration against construction defect claims made by a home buyer.
- Representing a regional shopping mall developer in a Landlord/Tenant dispute.
- Represented a California-based construction and retail real estate development, re-development, and renovation company in a multi-state dispute concerning the use of its name by a former shareholder. A resolution was obtained shortly after filing a lawsuit seeking a temporary restraining order, temporary injunction, and permanent injunction.
Litigation Group Contact
- Firm Chairman
- E-mail Chris