Energy – Oil & Gas
Our clients in the dynamic oil and gas industry are faced with many challenges and business issues as the industry constantly evolves.
We support them with deep experience in all types of oil and gas matters—from complex transactions to dispute resolutions. As their business partners, we offer sound counsel and cost-effective solutions that support their business goals. Several of our attorneys have worked in-house for oil and gas companies and have deep industry knowledge to provide value-driven solutions to complex problems and disputes.
Some of our work includes:
- Strategic planning and capital formation processes
- Complex merger and acquisition transactions
- Corporate debt restructuring
- Environmental litigation
- Onshore/offshore matters
- Contract negotiations
- Real estate transactions
- Trade secret and partnership disputes
- Non-compete and other employment-related matters
- Representation of United Kingdom-based companies in Texas
Recent Oil & Gas Representative Matters
- Represented an oilfield service company as borrower/issuer in connection with the restructuring of their debt, including: payoff of the obligations of the Company to its senior creditor at a substantial discount; negotiation of three separate financings from three different sources, with the proceeds used to fund the payoff to the senior creditor; settlement of the obligations of the Company to its investment banker; preparation of a private placement memorandum and related documents with respect to the Series A and Series B Preferred Stock of the Company; and the sale of the Company’s subsidiary with the proceeds used toward the repayment of the senior creditor.
- Represented United Kingdom-based private equity group in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a Houston-based oil and gas services company.
- Represented a private equity backed oil-and-gas services company with a Brazilian subsidiary in the sale of its shares to an aggressive strategic acquirer of oil-and-gas service companies.
- Represented the owners of Kingsley Constructors, Inc. (“Kingsley”) in the sale of all of the stock of Kingsley to MasTec.
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
“We feel completely connected to our client’s success and dedicated to finding a successful outcome for every deal.”
Larry Wilson, Shareholder