The hospitality industry is always evolving to keep up with consumer trends that enhance guest satisfaction—and we welcome the opportunity to partner with them.
Our team of corporate attorneys and litigators provide business counsel and legal services required throughout the entire lifecycle of the property. Whether it is the development, acquisition, financing, disposition or leasing of assets, or resolving disputes that occur along the way, our lawyers work to support your goals and objectives.
Among the services we have provided to this industry are:
- Counsel on mixed-use projects
- Contract negotiations
- Employment-related matters
- Complex real estate transactions
Recent Hospitality Representative Matters
- Won a unanimous jury verdict for an owner of a hotel against a large group customer who canceled a series of contracts claiming the hotel’s service has diminished. The customer preemptively sued the client. Counter-claims were filed on behalf of the client and, at trial, the customer’s claims were dismissed via directed verdict. The jury rendered a verdict in favor of the client finding that the customer breached the contracts.
- Won a summary judgment for a popular local restaurant in a lawsuit filed by a competing restaurant in the same shopping center. The plaintiff sued the client in an effort to shut down their operations claiming certain lease covenants were being violated. The competing restaurant alleged it was a third-party beneficiary to the client’s lease with the center’s landlord. After briefing the issues to the trial court a summary judgment was granted dismissing all of plaintiff’s claims within four months from the date the lawsuit was filed.