Our team has extensive experience helping insurance agencies build and maintain the value of their businesses, especially in times of transition or sale.
We represent agents, brokers and owners in analyzing their business and developing strategies to secure its future value and growth.
Some of our experience includes:
- Development of non-piracy agreements
- Sophisticated transactions
- Recruitment and compensation programs
- Contract negotiations
- Mergers and acquisitions
Recent Insurance Agencies Representative Matters
- On behalf of a major Texas-based insurance agency, drafted a successful brief in support of a temporary injunction. The court granted the injunction and prohibited the former employee from using confidential information the employee had removed from the agency’s computer system to operate a competing business.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a Texas-geoscience company against a crime insurance policy carrier. A former employee defrauded the company by stealing more than $2 million worth of iPhones and Blackberries. The carrier denied coverage under a commercial crime policy.