Real Estate Litigation
Understanding the industry and business of real estate – a core competency.
Our deep transactional experience in the real estate industry is complemented by a strong litigation practice. We know the industry and by its very nature, it is confronted with disputes. Our experience, skills and knowledge make a critical difference in advancing the litigation objectives of our clients. We represent and advise entrepreneurial and institutional owners and developers of commercial real estate at the local, national and international level in all segments of the commercial real estate industry.
Our Real Estate Litigation Experience Includes:
- Boundary Disputes
- Buy/Sell Disputes
- Construction Management Disputes
- Design & Construction Defects
- Easement & Restrictive Covenant Disputes
- Landlord/Tenant Disputes
- Mechanic’s Liens & Payment Bond Disputes
Recent Real Estate Litigation Representative Matters
- Represented a national bank in the foreclosure and sale of several properties.
- Successfully defended a property management company with communities across Texas in a repair and remedies case brought by a tenant.
- Pursuing claims on behalf of a shopping mall developer in The Woodlands, Texas, for breach of a commercial lease. The unsuccessful tenant abandoned the property and attempted to terminate the lease on the basis that the landlord did not provide sufficient parking.
Hilary Tyson has been Lovett Commercial’s go-to attorney for complex real estate transactions and partnership and entity formation and governance matters since 2012. I view Hilary as an extension of my team. She is a dedicated partner to Lovett and consistently demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of real estate matters, provides creative solutions to our complex development needs, and meets and often exceeds the timeframes of our demanding deadlines. In short, Hilary gets the job done and is continually looking out for Lovett’s best interests.
We really value our relationship with BoyarMiller and wish we had started it many years ago.
“We have worked with Larry Wilson and the BoyarMiller team on almost every corporate, commercial, financial, and real estate issue imaginable. They have been there when we needed them and provided practical and creative solutions. It is a relationship that is more than attorney-client, they are trusted advisors.”