Houston is home to some of the world’s largest and most prestigious medical institutions, as well as individual practices and medical equipment companies.
We are proud to represent many healthcare providers with business counsel, transactional services and litigation services. With our efficient structure and cost-effective approach, we deliver a healthy dose of business and legal value to help our clients stay focused on their mission of delivering health and wellness.
Some of the services we have provided to health care clients includes:
- General business services
- Employment-related issues
- Litigation and conflict resolution
- Real estate transactions
Recent Healthcare Representative Matters
- Represented medical services professional in wrongful termination matter involving unique issues of disability, perceived disability, and failure to accommodate under the ADA and ADAAA.
- Defended two Montgomery-area physicians against claims by their former employer. The former employer, a Conroe-area hospital, alleged the physicians breached a noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreement when they left to open their own practice. Successfully defended the physicians against the former employer’s efforts to obtain an injunction. The case settled soon after the court denied the former employer’s request for an injunction.
- Defended two Conroe-area physicians against claims by their former employer. The former employer, a Conroe-area hospital, alleged the physicians breached a noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreement when they started their own family practice. The hospital also claimed the physicians breached fiduciary duties of loyalty by unfairly competing with the hospital. The trial court denied the hospital’s request for a temporary injunction, allowing the physicians to continue serving their patients and the Conroe area. The case settled soon after the denial of the temporary injunction.
- Representation of a Houston-based veterinary practice in its sale.
- Representation of a revenue cycle management company in its initial organization and ongoing corporate needs.