Substantial experience in the domestic transportation and logistics industry.
Our team has represented freight forwarders, freight transportation brokers, carriers, logistics providers, manufacturers and shippers in connection with air, surface and maritime transportation and logistics matters. For these clients, our experienced counsel and cost-effective solutions keep their businesses moving in the right direction.
Some of the services we have provided include:
- Negotiating and drafting various transportation and warehousing contracts, as well as long-term 3PL, 4PL, vendor-managed inventory and “just-in-time” agreements
- International transactions
- Vendor negotiations
Recent Logistics Representative Matters
- Represented purchaser, a railroad service/logistics provider, in $250 million acquisition of 11,000 acre industrial park, reputed to be the world’s fifth-largest industrial park, including 57 miles of rail infrastructure, barge terminals and Houston Ship Channel access.
- Represented transportation and delivery logistics company in lawsuit filed by independent contractor driver for injuries sustained in automobile accident while delivering products. Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of client.
- Resisted invasive discovery sought from client, now general counsel of a leading waste and recycling company, by his prior employer. The prior employer threatened to sue my client for violation of a non-compete agreement, among other things. Through avid advocacy, both before the court and to opposing counsel, we were able to resolve the discovery dispute—and extricate my client from the proceeding—by producing a reasonable and manageable nucleus of discovery.
- Ongoing representation of a U.S.-based international transportation and logistics company in connection with its day-to-day legal functions, including regulatory issues
- Represented an Arizona-based company providing automated toll and traffic violation processing throughout the U.S. in connection with a $58 million convertible preferred stock investment by a major investment bank, a $100 million dollar syndicated credit facility and several follow on private equity and debt financings.