Substantial experience in the domestic transportation and logistics industry.
Our team has represented freight forwarders, freight transportation brokers, carriers, logistics providers, manufacturers and shippers in connection with air, surface and maritime transportation and logistics matters. For these clients, our experienced counsel and cost-effective solutions keep their businesses moving in the right direction.
Some of the services we have provided include:
- Negotiating and drafting various transportation and warehousing contracts, as well as long-term 3PL, 4PL, vendor-managed inventory and “just-in-time” agreements
- International transactions
- Vendor negotiations
Recent Logistics Representative Matters
- Represented an international plastics and chemicals manufacturer and distributor in the acquisition, lease and rail service of a build-to-suit, rail-served industrial distribution center.
- Represented a private equity purchaser of a controlling interest in an oilfield trucking business located in California.
- Represented the owner and operator of bulk storage facilities in the acquisition of a 430,000 barrel storage facility and terminal and the acquisition of approximately 220 acres of undeveloped real property for future development.
- Represented purchaser, a railroad service/logistics provider, in $250 million acquisition of 11,000 acre industrial park, reputed to be the world’s fifth-largest industrial park, including 57 miles of rail infrastructure, barge terminals and Houston Ship Channel access.
- Represented transportation and delivery logistics company in lawsuit filed by independent contractor driver for injuries sustained in automobile accident while delivering products. Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of client.