Substantial experience in the domestic transportation and logistics industry.
Our team has represented freight forwarders, freight transportation brokers, carriers, logistics providers, manufacturers and shippers in connection with air, surface and maritime transportation and logistics matters. For these clients, our experienced counsel and cost-effective solutions keep their businesses moving in the right direction.
Some of the services we have provided include:
- Negotiating and drafting various transportation and warehousing contracts, as well as long-term 3PL, 4PL, vendor-managed inventory and “just-in-time” agreements
- International transactions
- Vendor negotiations
Recent Logistics Representative Matters
- Represented an international plastics and chemicals manufacturer and distributor in the acquisition, lease and rail service of a build-to-suit, rail-served industrial distribution center.
- Represented a private equity purchaser of a controlling interest in an oilfield trucking business located in California.
- Represented the owner and operator of bulk storage facilities in the acquisition of a 430,000 barrel storage facility and terminal and the acquisition of approximately 220 acres of undeveloped real property for future development.
- Resisted invasive discovery sought from client, now general counsel of a leading waste and recycling company, by his prior employer. The prior employer threatened to sue the client for violation of a non-compete agreement, among other things. Through avid advocacy, both before the court and to opposing counsel, BoyarMiller was able to resolve the discovery dispute—and extricate the client from the proceeding—by producing a reasonable and manageable nucleus of discovery.
- Ongoing representation of a U.S.-based international transportation and logistics company in connection with its day-to-day legal functions, including regulatory issues