Our extensive real estate practice is built on a strong foundation of experience in all facets of the industry. We advise developers, investors, lenders and business users in the acquisition, development, financing, sale and leasing of real estate.
Our team has supported clients in the office and commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial real estate segments. Additionally, our real estate litigation services have included representation of developers, owners and managers of commercial real estate in state and federal court, including tenant disputes, easement and restrictive covenant enforcement, deed restrictions enforcement, condemnation, adverse possession, construction litigation, lien enforcement and creditor bankruptcy representation.
Some of our services for these companies include:
- Large-scale transactions where we navigate the complexities of land sale and purchase, financing, entity creation and more
- Structuring land ownership agreements, contractor negotiations, infrastructure development and issue management
- Mixed-use developments involving multiple parties and land types
- Litigation and conflict resolution and efficient case planning
- Public-private partnerships, expediting capital projects and reducing capital costs in complex and detailed real estate structures
Recent Real Estate Representative Matters
- Representation of the developer of a muti-phase, mixed-use, urban infill development in the negotiation of the underlying development services agreement and the negotiation of a long-term lease agreement with a regional grocer as the key tenant for the first phase.
- Won a unanimous jury verdict for a homeowner against a designer hired to provide interior design services. Although the client paid the designer for several decorative pieces, the designer failed to purchase the items and then refused to return our client’s money. The designer filed a counter-claim for the amount of money he alleged was still owed under the terms of the parties’ agreement. The jury rendered a verdict in favor of our client finding that the designer breached their agreement.
- Obtained a temporary injunction for a local restaurateur prohibiting the landlord from enforcing rules and regulations concerning the restaurant’s use of valet parking, linen bins, and outdoor seating.
- Represented management in the acquisition of a certain real estate and the outstanding equity interests in an injection molding and precision machining business from a private equity owner.
- Represented the owner and operator of stainless steel and non-ferrous metals processing company in the acquisition of a cut-to-length and metal polishing business and the subsequent exercise of an option to acquire the related real property.