Our extensive real estate practice is built on a strong foundation of experience in all facets of the industry. We advise developers, investors, lenders and business users in the acquisition, development, financing, sale and leasing of real estate.
Our team has supported clients in the office and commercial, residential, mixed-use and industrial real estate segments. Additionally, our real estate litigation services have included representation of developers, owners and managers of commercial real estate in state and federal court, including tenant disputes, easement and restrictive covenant enforcement, deed restrictions enforcement, condemnation, adverse possession, construction litigation, lien enforcement and creditor bankruptcy representation.
Some of our services for these companies include:
- Large-scale transactions where we navigate the complexities of land sale and purchase, financing, entity creation and more
- Structuring land ownership agreements, contractor negotiations, infrastructure development and issue management
- Mixed-use developments involving multiple parties and land types
- Litigation and conflict resolution and efficient case planning
- Public-private partnerships, expediting capital projects and reducing capital costs in complex and detailed real estate structures
Recent Real Estate Representative Matters
- Represented Midway in land swap transaction with local tax increment reinvestment zone (TIRZ) for relocation and extension of street rights-of-way in mixed use project.
- Represented Midway in multiple modifications of economic development agreements with Downtown Management District relating to Greenstreet and Hotel Alessandra in Houston, Texas.
- Successfully represented mixed-use real estate developer in claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty and construction defect against its former general contractor involving substantial water infiltration in two luxury apartment buildings.
- Representing Houston-based real estate developer in Texas state court action involving claims for breach of contract and declaratory judgment related to a retail anchor-tenant’s breach of its lease and the resulting delay in funding and construction of a sizeable mixed-use commercial retail development.
- Negotiation of Chapter 380 and development and reimbursement agreements with various utility districts and private water and wastewater service providers.