Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellectual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Represented a startup in the bio algae industry in a dispute with a member and former manager of the LLC. Both sides sough injunctive relief on behalf of the LLC, each claiming to independently control the company, and filed simultaneous lawsuits in federal court for patent infringement and securities violations. The parties reached a creative and favorable settlement agreement which involved the drafting of a new company agreement, consulting agreement, and other corporate documents to protect the interests of the company’s investors.
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts in favor of numerous Texas grocery store chains in actions against the State of Texas for violations of contracts to deliver food services under the Woman Infants and Children’s Program in Texas.
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a bank and its holding company in a shareholder suit.
- Represented a Texas-based energy company in numerous contractual disputes over environmental reporting.
After managing outside counsel for more than 10 years, I can say that Chris Hanslik is not only one of the finest litigators with whom I’ve worked, he’s also a great business partner – possessing the perfect balance of practical and passionate. He gives us the same amount of dedication and attention in all matters – large or small, simple or complex-while remaining cognizant of the company’s budget and best interests. Chris made it a point to know our business and our team, which makes him a great advocate both in and out of the courtroom.
BoyarMiller represents Lasco Enterprises, owners of The Tasting Room and Max’s Wine Dive, in litigation matters in Texas.
It is hard to find a firm that understands business and provides timely legal counsel that is also fee sensitive. I have found that BoyarMiller has all three of these components. Led by Chris Hanslik, our team at BoyarMiller has demonstrated that they are not afraid of the big law firms and can represent us in any transaction or lawsuit, big or small. When it comes to matters in the courthouse, opposing counsels, be aware, Q’Max is in good hands here. Only with a firm like BoyarMiller supporting us in our transactional and litigation matters will we be able to take our company to the next level.
The onset of litigation is like setting sail into the unknown, seeing the storm, bracing for turbulent seas.
You can trust your ship is in high command. BoyarMiller is an exceptional navigator; leading with great instincts, seasoned knowledge and cool confidence.
At the end of your journey, I am sure, you will call your Captain, friend.
Andrew Pearce has provided litigation services for restaurant concepts Hopdoddy Burger Bar and Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill.