Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellectual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Represented a startup in the bio algae industry in a dispute with a member and former manager of the LLC. Both sides sough injunctive relief on behalf of the LLC, each claiming to independently control the company, and filed simultaneous lawsuits in federal court for patent infringement and securities violations. The parties reached a creative and favorable settlement agreement which involved the drafting of a new company agreement, consulting agreement, and other corporate documents to protect the interests of the company’s investors.
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts in favor of numerous Texas grocery store chains in actions against the State of Texas for violations of contracts to deliver food services under the Woman Infants and Children’s Program in Texas.
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a bank and its holding company in a shareholder suit.
- Represented a Texas-based energy company in numerous contractual disputes over environmental reporting.
The onset of litigation is like setting sail into the unknown, seeing the storm, bracing for turbulent seas.
You can trust your ship is in high command. BoyarMiller is an exceptional navigator; leading with great instincts, seasoned knowledge and cool confidence.
At the end of your journey, I am sure, you will call your Captain, friend.
Andrew Pearce has provided litigation services for restaurant concepts Hopdoddy Burger Bar and Moonshine Patio Bar & Grill.
“We have worked with Larry Wilson and the BoyarMiller team on almost every corporate, commercial, financial, and real estate issue imaginable. They have been there when we needed them and provided practical and creative solutions. It is a relationship that is more than attorney-client, they are trusted advisors.”
“We’ve enjoyed working with Whitney because she genuinely cares about her client’s success. Her authentic and eager approach to solving problems, working through the complex issues, and finding solutions we most certainly value. Whitney also shows tremendous respect for her client’s budget and works diligently to make sure she over-communicates expectations around legal cost and outcome.”