Prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes for today’s complex business environment.
Our trial and appellate team begins by understanding our clients’ objectives. Then we develop an effective strategy to position a case for trial and to achieve the desired outcome. Our litigation capabilities are broad and our clients are diverse, including business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, lending institutions and public and private companies.
Our litigation experience encompasses prosecuting and defending the full range of business disputes including:
- Antitrust & Non-Compete Disputes
- Business Torts
- Civil RICO
- Contractual Disputes
- Corporate Governance Disputes
- Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Lender Liability
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Partnership & Corporate Disputes
- Securities Fraud
- Shareholder & Derivative Suits
- Intellectual Property, Trade Secrets & Trademark Disputes
Recent Business Litigation Representative Matters
- Represented a startup in the bio algae industry in a dispute with a member and former manager of the LLC. Both sides sough injunctive relief on behalf of the LLC, each claiming to independently control the company, and filed simultaneous lawsuits in federal court for patent infringement and securities violations. The parties reached a creative and favorable settlement agreement which involved the drafting of a new company agreement, consulting agreement, and other corporate documents to protect the interests of the company’s investors.
- Obtained multiple defense verdicts in favor of numerous Texas grocery store chains in actions against the State of Texas for violations of contracts to deliver food services under the Woman Infants and Children’s Program in Texas.
- Represented an energy company in litigation with foreign governmental entities and companies over contract dispute, tortious interference and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a bank and its holding company in a shareholder suit.
- Represented a Texas-based energy company in numerous contractual disputes over environmental reporting.
When you find yourself in a battle for your livelihood and reputation you better have the right team around you. I certainly had that in Matthew Veech of BoyarMiller. Matt and his team represented us in a way that I always felt very confident that I was getting excellent legal counsel as well as outstanding analysis of our strategy and options. Matt Veech and his team always listened to me and took my concerns and implemented them into our game plan. Matt and his team were sensitive to costs, always working to keep costs down while not cutting corners. Most of all the team at BoyarMiller handled my case with great integrity and I trusted that though we might be doing the hard thing that we were doing the right thing.
“We’ve enjoyed working with Whitney because she genuinely cares about her client’s success. Her authentic and eager approach to solving problems, working through the complex issues, and finding solutions we most certainly value. Whitney also shows tremendous respect for her client’s budget and works diligently to make sure she over-communicates expectations around legal cost and outcome.”
It is hard to find a firm that understands business and provides timely legal counsel that is also fee sensitive. I have found that BoyarMiller has all three of these components. Led by Chris Hanslik, our team at BoyarMiller has demonstrated that they are not afraid of the big law firms and can represent us in any transaction or lawsuit, big or small. When it comes to matters in the courthouse, opposing counsels, be aware, Q’Max is in good hands here. Only with a firm like BoyarMiller supporting us in our transactional and litigation matters will we be able to take our company to the next level.