Probate, Estate, Trust, and Fiduciary Litigation
Here to help with all aspects of probate and estate law.
We always hope that probate goes smoothly and that an executor, guardian, trustee, or agent under a power of attorney fulfills his or her fiduciary duties. However, sometimes families require the help of probate lawyers. We understand that even with much forethought and planning, difficulty could arise. Our experienced, compassionate and accessible team is here to help.
Our extensive experience in probate, estate, trust, and fiduciary litigation includes:
- Litigation to challenge or defend wills and trusts
- Litigation to challenge or defend the actions of executors, administrators, or trustees who are handling probate
- Litigation to challenge or defend non-probate designations, including survivorship or beneficiary designations
- Litigation to challenge or defend the actions of agents under powers of attorney
- Representation of beneficiaries to secure their inheritance from a trust or estate
- Litigation to establish a guardianship or to challenge or defend the actions of a guardian of the person or estate
- Other fiduciary litigation involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, and/or misrepresentation
We have represented clients in the following matters in trial courts, appellate courts, and the Texas Supreme Court:
- Will contests involving claims of lack of capacity and undue influence
- Claims regarding trust management made by beneficiaries and defenses of trustees regarding the same
- Contractual disputes related to non-probate assets and potential abuse by power of attorney
- Administration of estates exceeding the taxable threshold
- Guardianship dispute between family members regarding management of the person and estate
- Various civil and commercial disputes involving a fiduciary and potential breach of duty
Through legal contacts and a referral, I hired Christopher Burt to represent not only a trust, but also me individually as trustee. He guided me through the process, including probating wills. He is very, very knowledgeable of estate and trust law, is punctual and polite while dealing with some of the possible conflicts caused by the deceased’s wishes. He also routinely handles matters in court. This is a skill not all attorneys have since many never appear in court. I highly recommend Christopher Burt and Boyar Miller for all estate and trust matters.
I contacted BoyarMiller to help me navigate through the legal system for my father’s estate. I can’t say enough about the professionalism, knowledge, care and guidance provided to me by Barbara Light and Christopher Burt. They helped me through a tough time and were always available when I needed them. They took care of the estate process swiftly and addressed any concerns I had right away. I recommend them wholeheartedly.
“Grateful” for working with Christopher Burt on my recent transaction is an understatement. From the moment I first spoke to Christopher on the phone, I knew I was in excellent hands. He listened carefully and showed passion for my cause. He worked efficiently to deliver a great result in very little time, taking away all of my worries. I highly recommend Christopher Burt and BoyarMiller.