Senior Associate, Litigation Group
Christopher C. Burt
A native of the Houston area, Christopher’s creative thinking, coupled with problem-solving skills, is at the core of his representation of trustees, administrators, executors, beneficiaries and businesses.
Areas of Focus
- Probate, wills, estate and trust litigation
- Guardianship litigation
- Estate planning and administration
- Civil litigation
- Appealed and argued a case to the Texas Supreme Court
- Graduate of South Texas College of Law
- Adjunct Professor, South Texas College of Law, Advocacy
Awards & Recognitions
Christopher joined BoyarMiller through the acquisition of Young, Graves and Burt and has experience centered around probate, trust and fiduciary litigation matters. He is sensitive to the intricacies involved in probate matters and the impact they have on clients.
A strong competitive spirit drives Christopher to advocate for his clients and to see the best results possible, both inside and outside the courtroom. He has significant trial and courtroom experience and has participated in all phases of pre-trial and trial proceedings.
In addition, Christopher has experience pursuing relief for clients in administrative hearings and appellate courts, even seeing clients through appeals to the Texas Supreme Court.
While attending South Texas College of Law, Christopher was a member of the nationally recognized Mock Trial and Moot Court Program, earning both a national championship and a national best brief award.
- JD, South Texas College of Law, National Order of the Barristers
- BA, Rice University
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Disability and Elder Law Attorneys Association – Board Member 2018
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (HYLA)
- Attorneys in Tax and Probate
- Houston Trusts and Estates Club
- South Texas College of Law, Houston Alumni Association
- Adjunct Professor, South Texas College of Law