We represent clients in transactions involving technology and intellectual property, including joint development projects, collaboration arrangements, IP licensing, manufacturing, distribution and strategic sourcing agreements.
When disputes arise, we have provided resolution and litigation services, including defending trade secrets, trademarks and non-compete claims. Our strategic thinking, skillful planning and attention to detail allow us to provide practical solutions for our clients.
Our areas of experience in this industry include:
- Litigation services
- Contract negotiations
- Employment-related issues
- Partnership disputes
- Corporate restructuring
Recent Technology Representative Matters
- Represented a designer, developer and producer of antenna systems and radio frequency circuits in the sale of its capital stock to an Irish based technology company.
- Represented a private rig communications company in a $23,500,000 equity sale to a Norwegian private equity fund.
- Represented a software company in development, licensing and management of broadband trading platform software for a commodity trading subsidiary of a Fortune 50 power and pipeline company.
- Represented oil and gas firm in the acquisition of several related oil and gas related technology businesses.
- Defending a technology managed services firm against claims for breach of a commercial lease. Pursuing counterclaims against the landlord for constructive eviction because the client was forced to abandon the lease as a result of recurring roof leaks. The roof leaks caused mold and mildew to grow and prevented employees from being able to work from the office.